Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Windows Media Player won't play any linked videos?

I have Windows Vista. When I'd click on a linked video, it would open automatically. It used to work last week and now it doesn't. I have Windows Media Player 11. Every time I try it now, it says %26quot;Internet Explorer cannot display web page%26quot;. I don't think it is a codec issue because I have all the codecs needed. What could it be and how can I change it back?





Also, when I click on linked videos on Mozilla Firefox, my other browser, it automatically goes to quicktime. However, I prefer WMP but do not know how to change it. They are simply MP3 files, and I have already changed my computer default settings to Windows Media Player for all Video files. Yet it still opens with Quicktime when using Firefox.My Windows Media Player won%26039;t play any linked videos?
You can set firefox to open with WMP rather than quicktime...



As for the linked video error, you might want to try downloading them by right clicking the link and hitting save to see if it clears your problem... Ive had many problems on my XP version with some videos and windows media player, because of some weird codecs and things, its pretty complicated.



Your best bet is either to deal with quicktime (its not too bad) or download.My Windows Media Player won%26039;t play any linked videos?
Open internet explorer and go to tools- internet options- programs TAB.

At the bottom click %26quot;set programs%26quot;. Then click %26quot;set program access and computer defaults%26quot;

Under %26quot;Custom%26quot; hit arrow on right side to expand. Then select windows media player as %26quot;default media player%26quot;.



Should work.

Report Abuse