Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?

I had 2 good responses form Bogie and Jona but they did not work. I have a Gateway Laptop XP regular program and in it is the Windows movie maker which I have used before. Everything now downloads to Quicktime player and I can not import videos as it says it is a MOV. file. What can I do to put it back to Windows Player? I know very little on cumputers so you will have to be specific and walk me through it. I have tried changing the default as explained to me and MOV to windows media but when I open the movie maker, it says it does not recognize .MOV so apparently it has not changed. Does Quicktime have a movie player I can upgrade to so that I can combine movie clips or take stuff out of them, edit them is what I am wanting to do as you can with the movie maker pprogram. Or can I buy a program just for that if I can not change my settings???2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
You may have to change the settings for your %26quot;default media player%26quot; as it's sometimes put.2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
Buy the key at www.apple.com. It might cost about $29.99 and that way you can upgrade to QuickTime Pro, which reads movies2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
The easiest fix is to go to the control panel and then add/remove programs and just delete the quick-time player. That way it won't come up when you want to play movies. Go to micro-soft downloads and download the windows media player.2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
I never used or had Quicktime, but a friend did and it caused her no end of problems until I uninstalled it for her. As a last resort, click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and the Show updates box at the top. When the list loads, find Quicktime and click to remove it. After removal, close Control Panel and restart the computer. This would make Windows Media Player your default media for music and movies.2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
Upgrade your Quicktime player to Quicktime Player Pro - $29.99 USD. Once upgraded, you can click on File, then Export and choose avi. Once the file is exported you can open Movie Maker or Windows Media Player to view the new .avi file.



Alternatively you can just use the functionality of Quicktime Pro to edit your movie.2nd attempt: How do I change Quicktime player to Windows media player so that I can use my movie maker? I?
If you want to buy another program from apple (along with a new apple computer) then sure, go ahead, but there are other ways.



First, I suggest SUPER. It's what I use to convert video file formats. Pretty useful stuff. Find it here:



http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html (scroll to the bottom for links)



Once downloaded, Install the program and open it up.



Open a folder with the files you want to convert (the .mov ones) drag them into th spot that says %26quot;DROP A VALID MULTIMEDIA FILE HERE%26quot;.



Up on top, below %26quot;Select the Output Container%26quot;, select %26quot;mp4%26quot;

Beside that, below %26quot;Select the Output Video Codec%26quot;, select %26quot;MPEG-4%26quot;. Beside that, below %26quot;Select the Output Audio Codec%26quot; select %26quot;AAC%26quot;.



Now, at the bottom, where it gives you a list of your selected files, right click on a file and select %26quot;Specify the Output Folder Location%26quot;. Find somewhere you can remember and press %26quot;SAVE changes%26quot; (If you can't find a good place you can always scroll to the top and select Desktop).



Now you can start Encoding. Press the %26quot;Encode (Active files)%26quot; button and away you go!



Note: This will take some time, actually, a lot of time, and the result that you will get will be bloated, but after you edit and save it in movie maker, it should be ok.