Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I get Windows media player to display Hebrew instead of Gibberish?

I have Windows media player 11 on windows XP in English. All the names and information of my Hebrew songs are displayed in Gibberish instead of Hebrew. I already set the language

Regional and language settings (Advanced Tab) to

Hebrew as the default language of non-unicode applications.

All other microsoft programs display Hebrew correctly after this change.How do I get Windows media player to display Hebrew instead of Gibberish?
It's possible that that information was already converted to Unicode under non-Hebrew code-page.

In that case you need to somehow convert it back to the ANSI code-page (sorry, but I don't know about any program that does it), then re-convert it using Hebrew code-page.
  • parameter
  • asp net web hosting
  •