Thursday, September 22, 2011

I can't figure out setting iTunes as the default music player, help?

iTunes was always my default player but one day I put a DVD in my laptop and they play on Windows Media Player, a wee box come up about default players but I never read it and just clicked yes, by doing that I set Media Player as my default audio player.



When I open iTunes it reminds me it's not the default and asks if I would like to go to something and change it, I click yes and de-select all Media Player options and select all iTunes, so that should make my iTunes the default player. However no matter how many times I do that, it still doesn't work when I open iTunes again and opening music files still opens in Media Player.



I read on here that if you go to Edit in iTunes, then click the advanced tab there is an option about half wa down that makes iTunes the default, mine though, doesn't have the option and all my music plays in Media Player when I open the file.



It's really frustrating, help!I can%26039;t figure out setting iTunes as the default music player, help?
as you said there's an option to go to edit on Itunes, then preferences, from there to the tab advanced,

and then checking the box to make it the default player.

if for some reason you don't have that,

perhaps you have an old version of itunes, try and update it up.

Another option is to right click the media you want to put, then go to %26quot;open with%26quot; there choose %26quot;choose program%26quot; and there choose itunes, and mark the check box, now it should always activate itunes as the default player for those kind of files,

if you want to put some other type of files, just do it again.I can%26039;t figure out setting iTunes as the default music player, help?
Start Menu%26gt;Default Programs (bottom right).I can%26039;t figure out setting iTunes as the default music player, help?
hmm i don't really have that option either in Edit%26gt;Preferences%26gt;Advanced Tab%26gt; but it has Warn me if iTunes is not the default player for audio files





but you can always right click your music files and and in the General Tab where it says opens with click change and find iTunes