Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you get iTunes as your default music player?

I've always had iTunes as my default music player. Until now, that is. My friend sent me a song, and this thing popped out that said I have to change the settings for something about Windows Media Player. What's going on?How do you get iTunes as your default music player?
Sounds like your file associations for audio files were switched back to media player. Do you have Vista? if so, you can go into the control panel, and theres an application there (called autoplay i believe) that you can set your autoplay options.How do you get iTunes as your default music player?
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27514?viewlocale=en_US



That is the link directly from apple's website. It shows you multiple ways of getting it done and has photos.

I copied one such method:

Changing the default media application



Using iTunes





1. Open iTunes.

2. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.

3. Click the Advanced button and then click the General tab.

4. Click %26quot;Use iTunes as the default player for all audio files%26quot; to select this option.