Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change my default media launcher to itunes?

All the music files I've ever downloaded have been in MP3 form. They would open straight to itunes. But now, I have to open all the files in windows media player. This requires me to burn a cd for every download i make, thus making my like a lot more complicated and costly (blank cd's can never be reused)

If i used to be able to open files directly to itunes, how can I do it now.

I tried right clicking and 'opening with itunes'

That won't work, the file itself must be compatible with itunes and for some strange reason, non of them are anymoreHow do I change my default media launcher to itunes?
Hey there!



Sometimes, computers may glitch themselves and completely change how mp3s open.



Here is a method that you can use to revert back to how it was:



-1- Find an mp3 file and right-click it

-2- Click the Properties option

-3- Under the General Tab you should see the name of the file, the type of file, and what it opens with.

-4- Click the %26quot;Change...%26quot; button under %26quot;Opens with:%26quot; if it's not set to iTunes

-5- iTunes should be under the recommended program list. Select it, click OK, and apply/OK all of the settings.

-6- If it is not under recommended program, you have to browse for the program. You can find this under: C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\iTunes.exe