Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I make Quicktime my default player?

I have downloaded and installed Quicktime, but I can't get it to open anything. I have a couple of video clips that I want to put on my ipod touch and every time I try and open them they open with Windows media player, and I can't put them in my library. How can I change this? I had it that way on my old computer, but it's been so long I have no idea how. Can anyone help me?How do I make Quicktime my default player?
Ok

Open QuickTime

? Usually when first time you open, a messages from quicktime player ASK you to Associate all File Type and you should click Yes, it seems you missed this option.



? Open QuickTime %26gt;Edit %26gt;Preference %26gt;QuickTime preferences..

in QuickTime Prefrences %26gt;Browser tab %26gt;MIME Settings.. %26gt;Click/Mark on Box Notify me if other applications modify this associations %26gt;Ok %26gt;Apply



stll in QuickTime Prefrences %26gt;File Types tab %26gt;click on box All File Types %26gt;Click/Mark on Box Notify me if other applications modify this associations %26gt;Ok %26gt;Apply.



Close QuickTime and Open again QuickTime and Follow step 1.



? good luck!.How do I make Quicktime my default player?
ok this is what you do Start%26gt;set program access and defaults%26gt;click custom%26gt;go down to Choose a defult media player%26gt;click choose quicktime%26gt;ok and that it i hope this helps you