Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change my default dvd player?

I have Windows Media v10 (don't like 11). I use it for music but do not like it for dvd movies. I use Powerlink for movies. However, WMP opens up when a dvd is popped in...how do I change the default settings to where WM does not open up when I insert a dvd?How do I change my default dvd player?
Ok select your dvd drive in 'my computer' right click, properties, autoplay tab, from the drop down arrow menu select DVD Movie, make sure the 'select action to perform' option bar is clicked, select 'take no action' or something else that suits you other than media player.



cheers



ps: the above answer is wrong and takes time TRY THIS ONEHow do I change my default dvd player?
Hopefully you are using windows XP.



What we want to do is resett the file extension of a DVD movie from the list of file extensions.



This can be found in Control Panel%26gt;Folder Options

Tab%26gt; FileTypes.

Search for the file extension you wish to modify, in this case the extension for a DVD movie is .VOB

Click on the file type then click on Change. This will bring up another dialog box which allows you to change the recommended program to use with this extension.



Add Powerlink to the list of Recommended programs by clicling it from the list, check the box %26quot;Always use the selected program to open this kind of file%26quot;

Click OK and your done.





You can do this with any other set of programs you preffer to run.



Hope this helps