Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change my computers main "music/video player"...?

I had Windows Media Player as my default player...but somehow it switched to Quicktime..?

How can I switch it back to Windows Media Player?

PLEASE HELP ASAP!How do I change my computers main %26quot;music/video player%26quot;...?
Apple should be shot at dawn for doing that auto switch when you download Quicktime.... but RealPlayer and others will do that also, even though they ask if youj want to change from WMP for the default player...



Easy way to create a new file association for music or video files is to do a right click atop the file name and select %26quot;open with ... %26quot; from the drop down menu.. In your case select WMP if likely offered that choice, or choose browse and work your way over to Windows Media Player in your Programs listing.......

Then put a click mark in the box marked %26quot;always use this program for this file type in the future%26quot;........



Another way is to look in your browser help file for %26quot;file association%26quot; for other ways of setting the default file association.....



Happy Puterin'..... BigToeHow do I change my computers main %26quot;music/video player%26quot;...?
Open WMP, go to Tools...Options and then click on the File Types tab. Click on Select All, and it should play all your music and video files from it then :)