Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change Windows media to my default player instead of RealPlayer?

I downloaded real player, but whenever I download music it opens on real player, I prefer to play my music on windows media player but I can't uninstall real player because I need it for a couple of internet things.How do I change Windows media to my default player instead of RealPlayer?
If your computer is running Windows XP and you have more than one digital media player installed, you can choose Windows Media Player 11 as your default digital media player for all the audio and video file types that it supports. This means that when you attempt to play a supported file type, such as Windows Media Audio (.wma) or Windows Media Video (.wmv), the Player opens automatically and plays the file.



For more information about the file types supported by Windows Media Player, see Windows Media Player multimedia file formats.



To set Windows Media Player 11 as your default digital media player



1.

Open Control Panel.

2.

Under Pick a category, click Add or Remove Programs.

3.

In the Add or Remove Programs window, click Add or Remove Programs.

Picture of the Add or Remove Programs link in the Add or Remove Programs window

4.

In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Set Program Access and Defaults.

Picture of the Set Program Access and Defaults button in the Add or Remove Programs dialog box

5.

In the Choose a configuration box, double-click Custom.

Picture of Custom selected in the Choose a configuration box

6.

In the Choose a default media player area, click Windows Media Player, and then click OK.

Picture of Windows Media Player selected in the Choose a default media player areaHow do I change Windows media to my default player instead of RealPlayer?
no need to listen to alitech cuz he is low tech

open ur media player if its 11 then right click on top,%26gt; tools %26gt; File types %26gt; select all %26gt; apply %26gt; Ok



now your media player is your default player (FOR ALL THE FILES THAT IT CAN I REPEAT CAN PLAY)

some files such as %26quot;mov%26quot; cant be played by media player

best solution will be downloading MpcStar

this will play everything no questions asked