Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the default music player on my computer from Itunes to Windows Media Player??

Easiest Method:



Right-click on on a music file. The drop down to %26quot;Open With%26quot;. Click %26quot;Choose Program...%26quot;. Highlight windows media from the list and select the %26quot;Always use this program%26quot; option. Then hit %26quot;ok%26quot;. This will automatically make it the default program.How do I change the default music player on my computer from Itunes to Windows Media Player??
Open Windows Media Player

Right click on the top menu bar (where it says Windows Media Player)

Go to Tools

Go to Options

Go to File Types

Check the box for each file type you wish to play automatically in WMP, or click Select All

Click OK



Edit: the methods below are much easier, if you are only changing one or two types of files over to WMP.How do I change the default music player on my computer from Itunes to Windows Media Player??
Open My computer

Click on Tools

Folder Options

click on file types tab

Look for music extensions like .mp3 .wav etc

When you highlight it The screen on the bottom will tell you what program is opening when you click on this particular type of file.



Click on change and choose your new program.



Good Luck.How do I change the default music player on my computer from Itunes to Windows Media Player??
You can also do this.



right click on the file you want to change players for.

click on %26quot;open with%26quot;

from the menu choose windows media player and place a check on %26quot;always use the selected program to open this file%26quot;.How do I change the default music player on my computer from Itunes to Windows Media Player??
Find a folder with an mp3 file in it.

Right-click on it to bring up the options menu and choose

%26quot;Open with -%26gt; Choose Program...%26quot;

Browse down to find Windows Media Player,

then check the box that says

%26quot;Always use the selected program to open this kind of file%26quot;.



You're done.