Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my computer's default media player?

My computer's current default media player is Dell Music Match Jukebox, I want to change my Default Player to Windows Media Player, how do I go about doing that.? I am now in messenger so u can send me an IM, please, and thank u.How do I change my computer%26039;s default media player?
if you have windows xp service pack 2, you should have an option in your start menu that says 'set program access and defaults'



if you cant find it it should be located in your control panelHow do I change my computer%26039;s default media player?
That depends on what kind of media you are talking about. BUT, here's one thing you can do, in Windows Media Player go to Tools %26gt; Options and click the File Types tab, click the Select All button. All media files are now associated to open with Windows Media player.



The other thing to do is go to My Computer and right click your optical drive then go to Properties and click the AutoPlay tab you will be able to select a host of options here. You can associate whatever kind of media disc with whatever program you want to use with it. Note the program you select to play it must be able to accept the format you wish to use it for.How do I change my computer%26039;s default media player?
right click on the file you want to open and choose %26quot;open with%26quot; and then %26quot;choose program%26quot;...then pick the Windows Media Player and then check the box that says %26quot;always use this to open...%26quot;