Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my default media player?

I want to listen to the audio Bible online ( http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html ) and it only uses realplayer. Every time I would click to listen to a new text it would ask me to choose what player I want to use. I was constantly clicking ok for realplayer but I wanted to see if i could use WMP (windows media player) but that wouldn't work. So the next time it asked me, I set what I thought was real player as my default media player for those files but it was WMP! Now I can't listen to my files at all :^(



How can I get that little window back up? I went to internet options but that was to no avail. If possible could you just go to the website above and try to play a file then tell me what that lil box says. When I set it as my default player it told me where I could go to change that setting but I didn't pay attention to that because I thought that I wouldn't have to change it again.



FYI: I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and I have Vista





Thanks in advance!How do I change my default media player?
Its in the control panel named default programs or something like that. you could probably just search your computerHow do I change my default media player?
I'm also a Vista user. WMP 6 and higher does not support the files from Audio Bible. I assume you have Real Player installed correctly, right? Change you AutoPlay options. From the start menu, click %26quot;Default Program%26quot;, then click %26quot;Change AutoPlay settings%26quot; Scroll down to Audio files and select %26quot;Ask me every time%26quot; Then click save.



Now try and open your saved Audio Bible files. The AutoPlay pop-up window should appear and ask you whether you want to use Real Player or WMP. Choose Real Player.
  • horrible cat
  • dry hair
  •