Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my default video player from Windows Media Player?

I have Windows Vista and my default video player is Windows Media Player. I hate it because it never works! I opened up the video I wanted to watch and it says %26quot;Connecting to Media%26quot; and then %26quot;Ready%26quot; but I press play and it goes back to %26quot;Connecting to Media%26quot; over and over again. How do I either



1) Change it to something else, or

2) Remove it and use another video player, or

3) Configure the settings so it will work better



Help Please!How do I change my default video player from Windows Media Player?
Start button - Change access and defaults (under the My computer - or control panel image) - click the open arrow on the right under %26quot;Custom%26quot; - find the media player settings and click the box for the one you want to set as default.



That is one way to do it - the other way is to:

Right click on the actual video file - choose %26quot;open program with%26quot; then find your media player on the list - highlight it (click once) - and click the box that says %26quot;always use this program%26quot;

That should do it.How do I change my default video player from Windows Media Player?
just download anoter player and see if it works better for you here is a few http://www.divx.com/ http://www.realplayercafe.com/
  • suite my skin tone
  • where can i find
  •