Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change Quicktime from not being my default player?

So I downloaded the new version of Itunes, and with that I downloaded the latest update on quicktime video player. When I did this, my computer made quicktime player my default player for media like .mp3 and .mp4 music and video. I don't want it to be my default player. I had it set of VLC Media Player but I dont know how to get it back. Help if you can. Thanks.How to change Quicktime from not being my default player?
Right click on any file that you want to always run on VLC, or whatever. Go to 'Open With', then 'Choose Default Program...'. Tick the 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' box, then select the program you want to use as default, and click 'OK'.



You might have to do that for every type of file, ie. for .mp3, .wma., .wmv, etc.