Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can i make vlc the default media player on my mac?

i removed quicktime media player and ive chosen to have vlc as the default player and although that works, every time i shut down my mac and start up its as if the changes were not saved. and i have to go through this procedure again. also, when i start up, the icon is just blank so it cant open with anything and again i have to choose vlc. how do i make it do that automatically every time without me having to do it myself?How can i make vlc the default media player on my mac?
CTRL (or Right Click) the file %26gt; Select open with %26gt; Other %26gt; (Browse to the application you want to open it with) Click the application once %26gt; on the bottom of the dialog box on the Left, check %26quot;Always Open With%26quot;%26gt; Hit OK.