Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I set VLC media player as my default?

I just got Windows 7 about 2 months ago and at first I was able to set it as the default media player but I changed it (for whatever reason, I can't remember) and now every time I try to open a video file (.avi) I try to click %26quot;Open With...%26quot; and then on the list VLC doesn't show up and then I click %26quot;Browse...%26quot; and I go to program files and choose VLC.exe and click it, but it still doesn't show up in the list... It's like it doesn't even recognize that it exists... but I can still open VLC manually and open the file that way... I just want to be able to open a file in VLC via the double click...How do I set VLC media player as my default?
Use one of these methods

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/20

(the explanation is for Windows Vista, but its the same for windows 7)
  • become a dermatologist
  • How can I reuse ugly old blankets
  •