Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I change my default video/audio player from Windows Media to Real Player?

My windows media is a messed up, and since it's default I can't watch any videos or listen to anything... can anyone help? I got Windows XP.How can I change my default video/audio player from Windows Media to Real Player?
Start

Add or Remove Programs



In the left hand column down the bottom select:



Set Program Access and Defaults



Select Custom



Click on the drop down arrow on the right



Choose default media player



Realplayer should be there.



CheersHow can I change my default video/audio player from Windows Media to Real Player?
There is a forum about media players, etc. in MSN.com, I wanted a Media Player 10 and I used to run Windows 98 until I added Win ME. The download center still shows my Windows 98 and would only let me download the media player 7.1, but so far, I have been happy with it and have read some buggy info on the mp10. You can have your system updated from MSN, also. Try it, I am glad I did that. Can you change your default. They can probably help.