Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I make Windows Media Player 11 my default player and not Real Player?

How do I go about making Windows Media Player 11 my default player again? I had to install real player and now everything plays in that and I want to change it.



Thanks. How do I make Windows Media Player 11 my default player and not Real Player?
Right click on any file you want to be opened with WMP11 and where it says Open With: Select WMP11 here....





if that don't work find Set Program Access and Defaults, go to Custom. and select WMP11 as default.

How do I make Windows Media Player 11 my default player and not Real Player?
Hi, my name檚 Cody, and I檓 working with the Windows Media Outreach Team to answer questions that users might have about their copies of Windows Media Player.



A N is right, that檚 definitely one way to make Windows Media Player your default player for certain file types. There檚 another way to do it as well, however.



Here檚 a link that gives you a great step-by-step guide that Microsoft made about how to do it: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows

I hope this link is helpful!

Thanks,

Cody

Windows Media Outreach Team

  • how to deal with friends
  • how to with diagrams
  •