Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change my default video player?

I'm trying to make Media Player Classic my default player but I'm lost in trying to figure this out. My computer has already assumed Winamp as my default, with Windows Media Player and Quicktime as back up. Obviously, I don't want those 3 as my video player and I just want to stick to my MPC and have my cake and eat it too.

I've tried to %26quot;open with another program%26quot; and it doesn't do anything! Is it because I moved into my Program Files folder? It was originally on my desktop, could that be the problem?

I was just trying to reorganize... Yarrrr -shakes fist-How do I change my default video player?
right click on a file that you want to change and pick %26quot;open with%26quot; from the flyout menu select the program you wan to use to open in and check the box that says %26quot;always use this program%26quot; before clicking okay

Windows will then use that program to open all files with the same extention. you will need to do it for each type that you want to change.