Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?

I have an acer laptop with secondary function keys that have forward / back. pause and stop commands. Unfortunately, I use Nero to play all of my media now rather than windows media player. How can I change the access command default player from WMP to another?



Any help appreciated.How do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?
Go to Control Panel %26gt; Add or Remove Programs %26gt; Set Program Access and Defaults. Click the arrow next to custom, and under default media player, choose whatever you want and click ok.How do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?
I use winamp and go into hotkeys - and enable global media keys, it works only in winamp, but that works better than nero.How do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?
you'll have to reassign the keys, try acer help page or get vlc player (plays everything ive ever seen), it'll replace wmp as the primary player, this function may also be available for neroHow do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?
you should have hot key function in control panel to change keysHow do I change the mediaplay buttons on a laptop to access a media player other than windows media player?
f7